Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
Advent is already here! With that in mind, I wanted to point out that Christmas is on a Sunday this year. This means we will not follow our normal weekend schedule on Dec. 24 & 25. Instead, we will follow our normal Christmas schedule.
Christmas Eve ~ Saturday, Dec. 24
Masses are at 5:30pm & 10:30pm
Christmas Day ~ Sunday, Dec. 25
Mass will be celebrated at 9:30am
This means that there are no opportunities for the Sacrament of Reconciliation on Saturday afternoon (Christmas Eve). In the section below, I’ve listed available reconciliation times. I hope this helps us all plan as we prepare for the celebration of Christmas, family gatherings, and time for God.
Advent is a time to prepare for the coming of Jesus. Not only as a past event when Christ became one of us through the incarnation, but in the future tense as well. One day, we believe Christ will return and establish the Kingdom of Heaven. In light of this, Advent is an appropriate time to examine our hearts and minds to prepare for Jesus to come again.
For many of us, preparing our hearts and minds means participating in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. For those of you who are looking to take advantage of this opportunity, here are the times confession will be offered during Advent:
- Saturdays: 4-4:45pm (Dec. 3, 10, & 17)
- Thursday, December 8: 5-6:30pm (Mass for Immaculate Conception is at 9am and 7pm)
- Tuesday, December 13: Confession offered during diocesan-wide Holy Hour 7-8pm
- Thursday, Dec. 15 & 22: 4-5pm
- Tuesday, December 20: Penance Service with opportunity for individual confession starting at 6:30pm at Holy Redeemer.
In Christ’s love and friendship