Picnic Thank You
Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
Parish Picnic – Thank you!
My heart was full as I looked around at the parish picnic last weekend and saw all who gathered for fun and fellowship. To put it in perspective, normal Mass attendance on a given weekend, we see about 750 people at Mass. Last weekend, we were close to 1000 people who came to worship here. Though there was not an official count, our best guess is almost 500 people were here for the parish picnic. How good it was for us to be together. Tables were full of people enjoying food and time together. The youth were enjoying a competitive game of 9-square, and the young ones were loving the bounce house! Many enjoyed the cornhole tournament, while others enjoyed bingo. All in all, it was a
successful day and I couldn’t be more pleased.
I want to express my sincerest thanks to all who helped make the picnic happen. This list likely isn’t exhaustive, but its my best attempt to thank those who made this parish picnic a resounding success.
- Val Hebeler and the kitchen crew for setting up the food and cleaning so well afterward
- Knights of Columbus for grilling the burgers and hot dogs
- Cheryl Emmette who coordinated the picnic and was “jack-of-all trades”
- Glenda Trytko and catechists for providing a fun environment for our young people to meet their teachers at carnival games
- Elizabeth Post who ran the outdoor games (corn hole, inflatables, 9-square).
- High school and middle school youth who assisted with games
- Rosemary Beahan, Paul & Kim Lothschutz, Rick & Cheryle DeVries, and Mary Hendershot for running bingo
- Monica Amoroso for the creative photo booth and pictures
- Jane Goudelock – welcome table and schedules
- Meghan Schaut – coordinating music and getting the great DJ/MC
- Marilyn & Darrell Beckwith, Alex & Mike O’Sullivan, and Amanda London – t-shirt sales and memories
- Kim Lobert and Bill Larkin – set up and clean up and for all of their hard work and muscle behind the scenes
- Food Donations from Tyson Foods and Bimbo Bakery
Thank you to all of the people who volunteered in the kitchen, set-up, clean-up, welcome table, games, inflatables, and all those who helped in any way…we couldn’t have done the picnic without you. I am so incredibly grateful.
Finally, I am happy to share with you that my sister, Erin, and her husband, Matthew, welcomed their second son into the world. He was born on Monday, Sept. 19. Both mom and baby are healthy and well. His name is Maximilian Craig Weaver. Welcome Max! I now have a grand total of six nieces and nephews. God is good.